Friday, August 1, 2008

Swing application framework

Swing application framework - a framework which will really give swing application developers a second life. Over a period of time swing applications gain more maturity and stability, but lack a framework and I believe this is the one which fills the gap. Some of the very common problems faced by swing developers are well addressed in this framework and provided implementations for them. Some of the exciting features from my angle are 1. Application Life cycle managment 2. Action management 3. Task management 4. Saving session state of the application 5. Local storage 6. Resource management I'm planning to use the same framework for the creation of the swing based vnstat gui. I got some issues with my java install, my gui is not starting up properly. My AMD 64bit and java versions have slight hiccups with java gui's. google is telling me to upgrade my java to the latest one will fix the issue. I need to upgrade my java tomorrow and start working.

No comments: